Carbon Monoxide Testing Saves Lives
Carbon monoxide (CO) is often referred to as the silent, deadly killer. This is because it is a colourless and odourless gas, undetectable to the human eye or ear. Unfortunately, CO poisoning claims at least one Australian life every year along with many hospital admissions. And the worst part is, all these dangers of carbon monoxide gas are avoidable. Here at Metropolitan Heating and Cooling, our experts are fully equipped to perform carbon monoxide testing and make sure both you and your home are safe.
How does CO form?
Carbon monoxide forms when fossil fuels - like gas - do not burn completely due to a lack of oxygen in the air. This incomplete combustion can often result from faulty gas appliances like gas heaters. Such malfunctions lead to the production of this toxic, odourless gas instead of the harmless carbon dioxide (CO2). This is likely to happen because:
- You haven't had a service to the gas appliance for a long time
- There are faulty parts causing the leak
- The appliance itself is too old and needs immediate repair or replacement
And as you can't smell or see a carbon monoxide leak, it is so important to have regular servicing of any gas appliances. Our team can also perform a carbon monoxide test on your gas heater or kitchen stove to be sure that there are no leaks and your home is safe.