How Ducted Heating Can Benefit Your Home
You might be building a house right now and wondering what sort of heating system you should install. Maybe your current system has reached its final days and you’re in search of a replacement.
It’s probably worth looking at a ducted heating system. For long-term, reliable comfort during winter, ducted gas heating is hard to go past. With winter on the horizon, it’s time to get serious about your home’s heating options. Read on for more information.
The Many Benefits of Ducted Heating
Ducted heating is a fantastic addition to any home, offering a plethora of benefits that can make your living space more comfortable and energy-efficient.
Let’s dive into the many advantages of ducted heating:
- Uniform warmth: One of the standout benefits is the even distribution of warmth throughout your home. With ducted heating, you won’t have chilly spots or drafts, ensuring that every room is cosy and comfortable during the colder months.
- Energy efficiency: Ducted heating systems are designed to be energy-efficient. They use less energy compared to traditional heating methods, helping you save on your utility bills while reducing your carbon footprint.
- Customisable zoning: You have the flexibility to create heating zones within your home. This means you can adjust the temperature in different areas to suit your needs, saving energy in rooms that aren’t in use.
- Improved air quality: Ducted systems often come with built-in air filtration, which can help improve indoor air quality by trapping dust, allergens, and pollutants. This is especially beneficial for people with allergies or respiratory issues.
- Quiet operation: Ducted heating units operate quietly, ensuring that your home remains a peaceful and serene environment without the disruptive noise of traditional heating methods.
- Aesthetic appeal: Ducted heating is virtually invisible since it’s hidden in the ceiling or under the floor. This means you won’t have unsightly heaters cluttering your living spaces.
- Versatility: A ducted heating system can also be a ducted cooling system if you’ve got a reverse cycle air conditioner.
In summary, ducted heating not only keeps your home warm and toasty but also offers cost savings, better air quality, and a more aesthetically pleasing heating solution. It’s a smart investment that can enhance your overall quality of life during the chilly seasons.
Efficient and Economical
An electric or gas ducted heating system is, plain and simple, a far more efficient way to keep your house warm. With higher efficiency than reverse cycle systems, which lose efficiency as it gets colder, a ducted heating system takes the cake for keeping you warm and keeping your bank account intact.
Modern ducted systems give you the option of zoning your house to different temperatures, meaning that everyone’s preferences can be taken into account when heating the house. You will also not have to waste heat by having the entire system running throughout the whole house.
Instead, you can only turn on the rooms that you want to heat at any particular time. Gas ducted systems are said to be far better for the environment as well, with lower CO² emissions.
A Ducted System is Stylish
A major benefit of electric and gas ducted heating is its subtlety. When compared to wall furnaces or wood heaters, ducted heating’s physical footprint is almost non-existent.
They usually work with one central unit inside of the ceiling or under the floorboards that then feeds air through ducts throughout the house. The vents will be discreet and almost unnoticeable, hidden in corners or painted a similar colour to your floor or ceiling.
This works perfectly if you use the minimalist style in your home, or if you just want to be comfortable in winter without having to look at an ugly wall-mounted unit.
Easy to Maintain
You might not pick it but ducted heating systems are very easy to maintain. They will always require the services of a trained and qualified professional.
However, the chances of you needing one for any serious issues is low. A ducted gas heater is extremely durable and built to last decades.
Having said this, it’s always good to have your ducted gas heating systems checked yearly to keep them up to scratch and have duct cleaning performed regularly.
This is especially relevant if it’s a gas system, as faulty gas systems can prove to be very dangerous for your home.
Call the Ducted Heating Specialists
Whether you’ve got a ducted gas heating system or an electric-power ducted heating system, when you need repairs, servicing or installation, the number to call is Metropolitan Heating and Cooling.
We can service and install all major brands, including popular Braemar ducted gas heating. Whatever kind of ducted heating unit you’ve got, the professionals at Metropolitan Heating and Cooling can help you to regain your climate control and reduce your running costs. From faulty heater unit switches to a gas ducted heater failing to blow warm air, don’t hesitate to contact the experts.
Please note: This information is provided for advice purposes only. Regulations differ from state to state, so please consult your local authorities or an industry professional before proceeding with any work. See our Terms & Conditions here.
Published: 5 March 2020